PR Card Renewal

The Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

This wallet-sized plastic card is required for all permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).

There have been some changes to the look of the PR Card, as well as some of its security features. The new cards began circulating August 24, 2009.

If you are a current permanent resident, you will only receive a new card when your existing card expires. If you are a new permanent resident, you will automatically receive your new card as part of the immigration process.

You can apply for a PR Card if:

  • you received permanent resident status before June 28, 2002;
  • you became a permanent resident after June 28, 2002 but did not receive a PR Card at that time; or
  • you need to replace an expired, lost or stolen PR Card.
  • To be eligible for a PR Card, you must:

  • be a permanent resident of Canada;
  • be physically present in Canada;
  • not be under an effective removal order;
  • not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act; and
  • not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a PR card.
  • Study in Canada

  • Get the education that you want. Let us streamline in getting a Study Visa.

  • Read More

    Work in Canada

  • Let Canlink Consultants assist you in obtaining your Canadain Work permits.

  • Read More


  • Have any questions? Please don’t hesitate contact us. We will be happy to help with any inquiry you have.

  • Phone 604-821-9988
  • Email